Apply for MMC Housing
We are excited to welcome you to be a part of our residential campus community for the 2022-2023 Academic Year!
Application Schedules and Deadlines
Below you will find information about applying to live in the MMC Residence Halls! This page has information for current students applying to live on campus during J-Term (January 2-25), incoming students applying to live on campus for the Spring 2023 Term, as well as information for continuing, new, and transfer students applying to live on campus for the 2023-2024 academic year.
A non-refundable housing deposit and housing application are required to secure a space in housing. (Please note: a $500 housing deposit is not required for J-Term Housing, but the $300/$400 is required.) As part of the housing application, you will also to sign the 2022-2023 Housing Contract, which obligates all students who submit their application to be financially responsible for their on-campus Housing for the entire academic year.
Due to the limited amount of space within the residence halls, student housing is offered on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to the students who have submitted their housing application and deposit before the deadlines outlined below.
We are still accepting applications on a rolling-basis.
2023 January Term Housing
- J-Term Housing is for students who are applying to live in their Fall 2022 space during the dates of J-Term (January 2-25, 2023.) Only students who apply for J-Term may live in the residence halls during this time.
- The cost to live in the residence halls is $300 if the January Term Housing Request Form is sent before the deadline. The cost is $400 if the form is sent after the deadline. The form is due by 5:00pm on Friday, December 2, 2022. The form will be live and shared with all on-campus students in late October 2022.
- Students who apply to live on campus during J-Term may move back in as early as 12:00pm on Monday, January 2, 2023, but may move back in anytime during J-Term.
- Students who do not apply to live in the residence halls during J-Term may not move in until Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 9:00am at the earliest.
New Students for the Spring 2023 Semester
- Housing applications for students new to Housing for the Spring 2023 semester will be made available as early as November 1, 2022 and will remain open throughout the Fall semester. (Students living in the residence halls in the Fall 2022 semester do not need to re-apply for Housing for the Spring 2023 semester.)
- A non-refundable housing deposit of $500 is due by January 2, 2023. Your deposit can be made via your admissions portal. If you are having difficulties submitting your Housing Deposit, please contact your Admissions Counselor.
- Housing applications are due on January 2, 2023. The application is available on MMC RESIDENCE once a student has received all of their MMC log-in credentials and email.
- Housing Assignments will be sent via email on Thursday, January 12, 2023.
- Spring Move-In for new/transfer students will be on Thursday, January 26, 2023! Students can begin moving in as early as 9:00am. Please see the Move-In Guides for more information about Move-In Weekend! (Please note: The Move-In Guides are made specifically for Fall semester Move-In, so while most of the information is still relevant, some might not be.)
Summer 2023 Terms I and II
- ***Information for Summer 2023 Terms I and II Housing will be sent to all students via email during the Spring 2023 semester. The below information is subject to change.***
- MMC does not offering summer housing to non-MMC students.
You can access the application here. Summer Housing is in the 55
Street residence hall only. MMC summer residents cannot live in Cooper Square. There are two Summer Terms:
- Summer Term I – May 21 – June 24, 2023
- Summer Term II – June 25 – July 29, 2023
- You may apply for live in 55 th Street for just one of the two terms, or both.
- You do not need to be registered for Summer classes to live on campus during either Summer term, but you must be registered for Fall classes. The cost for on-campus Summer Housing is $1,500 per term for students registered for Summer classes and $1,800 per term for students not registered for Summer classes. Dining Dollars are not required for summer residents. As a reminder, MMC does not offer single rooms.
- Current on-campus students applying to live on campus for the Summer will be moving to a new room in 55 th Street. Residing in your current room over the summer is not an option. Students will work with Residence Life for a time to move to their new room, which will likely be on May 21. Students must be free on May 21 to move their belongings to their new space. Summer Term II Housing ends on Saturday, July 29 . There is no on-campus Housing option for students between July 29 and Continuing Student Move-In on September 2 . Students must make their own arrangements during this time.
- The Summer 2023 Housing Application will be open until Wednesday, March 15 and is due Thursday, April 13. During this time, you can also begin forming Roommate Groups. The Room Selection process will occur the following week, April 17-21.
Continuing Students for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- The 2023-2024 Housing Application for Continuing Students will be made available on Monday, March 27, 2023.
- Housing applications are due on April 21, 2023.
- A non-refundable housing deposit is due by April 21, 2023. Your deposit can be made via MMC Connect. Please make sure to submit your deposit for the correct semester. If you need assistance making your housing deposit, please contact The Center for Student Services.
Room Selection for Continuing Students for the 2022-2023 Academic Year will occur
April 25-28, 2023.
- Any applications and/or deposits submitted after the deadline will be considered on a rolling basis. Both an application and a non-refundable deposit are required.
Move-In Day for Continuing Students is Saturday, September 2, 2023.
- Early move-in is not an option for Continuing Students unless you are a part of a Residence Life-approved Student Life/Academic Program.
New Students for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- Housing applications for New (First-Year/Transfer) Students will be made available as early as May 1, 2023 and will remain open throughout the summer.
- A non-refundable housing deposit of $500 is due by June 15, 2023 Your deposit can be made via your admissions portal. If you are having difficulties submitting your Housing Deposit, please contact your Admissions Counselor.
- Housing applications are due on June 15, 2023. The application is available on MMC RESIDENCE once a student has received all of their MMC log-in credentials and email.
- Optional Roommate Groups must be formed on MMC RESIDENCE by June 30, 2023.
- Housing Assignments will be sent via email on Monday, July 24, 2023.
- First Year Move-In will take place August 26 and 27, 2023. Please see the Move-In Guides for more information about Move-In Weekend!
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students: $8,507 per semester
- 4+ year students: $8,265 per semester
- The above fees are for both the 55th Street and Cooper Square residence halls.
- Dining Dollars plan are required for all on-campus students.
- 2023 Summer Terms I & II
$1,500 per term for registered students
$1,800 per term for non-registered students
*Above fees are subject to change for Summer 2023 and the 2023-2024 academic year.
- The Housing Contract is for one full academic year.
- Please be aware that you are committing to living on campus once you sign and submit it along with your application.
- Students who require a special accommodation must contact The Office of Disability Services to receive a special accommodation in housing.
The deadlines for submitting Housing Accommodation Requests are:
Fall Semester – June 1
- Accommodations submitted after Fall term assignments have been released may not be addressed until a week after move-in to assess availability.
- New residential Spring Semester students – January 1
- Summer Terms I and II – May 1
- Fall Semester – June 1