Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Marymount Manhattan College is an inclusive community. Inherent in our mission is the commitment to diversity among our students, faculty, and staff.
Addressing inequality, and the systems that perpetuate it, begins right here, on our campus. At MMC, we are working to create an environment that is inclusive and just for all members of our community, with particular emphasis on those with underrepresented and marginalized identities.
President’s Council for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The President’s Council was formed to provide leadership and accountability for efforts that promote an equitable and inclusive campus at all levels and in all activities of the College. Through various working groups, Council is responsible for maintaining the College’s Strategic Plan for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, tracking the progress of the College’s Racial Equity Plans, and addressing EDI-related matters that are high priority areas for the College.
Key areas of focus include:
- data collection through an EDI climate survey;
- advancement on Racial Equity Action Plans developed by academic and administrative departments; and
- training and development opportunities for the College community.
The 2023-24 President’s Council for EDI is composed of faculty, staff, and students:
- Michael Salmon (Co-Chair), Associate Vice President and Dean of Academic Excellence; Senior Advisor to the President
- Sarah Nelson Wright (Co-Chair), Associate Professor of Communication and Media Arts; Director, Theresa Lang Center for Producing
- Katie LeBesco, Ph.D., (Co-Chair), Associate Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, Professor of Communication and Media Arts
- Christine Gregory, Esq. (Co-Chair), Chief EDI Strategist
- Tseday Alehegn, Executive Director of HEOP (Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program)
- Kenneth Finkle, Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts
- Wilton Fontenette, Assistant Vice President of Advancement Operations
- Jazelynn Goudy, Assistant Professor of Dance
- Julie Huntington, Associate Professor of Writing, Literature, and Language
- Aimé Donna Kelly, Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts
- Jaiden Lang, Student and Dance Major
- Lorraine Martinez-Novoa, Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Michael Mendez, Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts
- Ronke Morgan, Student; SGA Senator for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Norma Ortega, Assistant Director of the Counseling and Wellness Center Students
- Kristina Silva, Student and Theater Arts Major