Cisco VoIP Phone Call Features
Placing a Call
- Lift the handset and dial, or
- If you have multiple lines, press a line button and dial, OR
- Press the New Callsoftkey located under the screen/display (phone will go on speakerphone) and dial.
To Redial the Last Number You Called
- Press the Redial Softkey
To Hang Up/End Call
- Replace the handset or;
- Press the End Call or Cancel Softkey (located under the screen/display)
Answering a Call
- Lift the handset.
- If you have multiple lines, lift handset and press flashing red line button
- Press the Hold/Resume Button - The line button flashes green
- To resume the call, press the flashing green line button, or
- Press the Resume Softkey (located under the screen display) or Press the Hold/Resume Button
- Press the Speakerphone button (it will light green). You can put the handset back on the cradle. To take call off speakerphone, lift the handset (the green light goes out).
Call Waiting (Placing a Call on Hold to Answer Another)
- If you are already on a call and receive a new call, answering the new call puts the first call on hold automatically.
- When the second call comes in, press the flashing amber line button OR
- Navigate to the new call using the Select/Navigation Button either press Answer or Select Softkey
- You can swap back and forth by highlighting the line/caller you want to speak to using the arrows, then press the center select button.
- You can press the Mute Button so callers can’t hear you (but you can hear them). This button can be toggled on and off (when mute is on, button glows red).
- Press the Forward all Softkey (located under the screen display). You will hear 2 beeps
- Enter the phone number you want your calls forwarded to
- If forwarding off campus dial ”9”in front of number
- If long distance Dial ”9”+1+area code +number
- To forward directly to voicemail – Press the Forward allSoftkey (located under the screen display). Press the Message Button . Look for the Forward All icon next to your line button.
- To Cancel call forwarding, press the Fwd Off Softkey (located under the screen display).
- From a connected call, press the Transfer Button.
- Dial the transfer recipient’s phone number.
- Press the Transfer Button again (you do not have to wait for them to answer). The transfer is complete.
- Note 1:If you want to announce the call to the recipient before completing the transfer, wait for them to answer BEFORE pressing the Transfer button the 2nd time.
- Note 2:If you decide you don’t want to complete the transfer AFTER you have dialed the recipient, press the End Call Softkey (located under the screen display), THEN press your flashing line button OR press the Resume Softkey (located under the screen display) to speak to the caller again.
Note 3:If you want to transfer directly into a recipient’s voicemail box press the Transfer Button
Press *(star) and dial the phone number, then quickly press the Transfer Button again so the caller won’t miss the beginning of the recipient’s voicemail greeting.
3 Way Call: Note – Please use instructions below for initiating conference calls
Initiating a Conference Call
- From a connected call, press the Conference Button (call will be put on hold and you will hear dial tone)
- Dial the next person; when they answer, press the Conference Button to add them to your conference.
- To add more participants, press the Conference Button again and repeat these steps (you can conference a maximum of 8). The conference call ends when all participants hang up or initiator presses End Call Softkey.
- To removea participant from conference, press more Softkey, press Details Softkey. Use Select/Navigation Button to select the person, then press Remove Softkey
Note: only the person who initiates the conference call can remove a participant
MeetMe Conference Call
- Initiator calls participants and provides Meet-Me phone number and time to call in
- It is recommended that initiator forwards their calls to voicemail prior to setting up MeetMe Conference Callto avoid getting an incoming call on private line while conference call is active
- To set up conference:
- Lift handset, press moreSoftkey, press MeetMe Softkey
- Dial the MeetMephone number – LCD Display will show Conference
- The other participants can now call into designated telephone number given by the initiator
- To end conference – press the EndCallSoftkey
Call Pick Up
- If your phone is a member of a Call Pickup Group, you can answer someone else’s ringing phone. Just lift the handset press moreSoftkey, press the Pickup Softkey – Your phone will ring, press Answer Softkey or flashing amber line button
- If Call PickUpis programmed on a button – Press the flashing amber line button to answer call
Group Call Pick Up
- This feature allows you to answer an incoming call from a phone that is not in a Call Pickup Group. Just lift the handset press moreSoftkey, press the GPickup Softkey – You will hear 2 beeps, Dial the phone number of the phone you want to answer, Your phone will ring, press Answer Softkey or flashing amber line button
- This feature allows you to place a call on hold, so it can be retrieved from another phone in the system (for example, a phone in another office or in a conference room). If you are on an active call at your phone, you can park the call to a call park extension by the pressing moreSoftkey, then press the Park Softkey. The LCD display will show the extension # where the call is parked. If you need to take the call in another room or someone on another phone in your system can then dial the call park extension to retrieve the call. The call will stay parked for 2 minutes. If it is not retrieved it will ring back to the phone that parked it.
- This feature allows you to use one phone number on multiple phones. If you share a line with your boss, the line button indicates call activity on the shared line:
- Flashing amber - Incoming call on the shared line. You or your boss can answer the call.
- Solid red line button - Your boss is talking on the shared line.
- Flashing red line button - Your boss put a call on hold on the shared line. You or your boss can resume the call
- This feature allows phone to have a different Ringtone if phone has more than one line
- Press Applications Button , press 2 on dial pad for Settings, press Select/Navigation Button in the center to select, press 1 on dial pad for Ringtone, Use Select/Navigation Button to toggle through and play Ringtones, press Set Softkey located under the screen display) to save your choice. Press Exit Softkey to return to main screen
- Repeat these steps for other lines on your phone
- Dial 31010 from voip phone or 273-1010 if calling from off campus
- Prompt will ask, “Who would you like to reach” - say the name of the party
- You are trying to reach – prompt will search and call number if found
Do Not Disturb (Must Be Preconfigured on the phone)
To activate do not disturb:
- Press the more soft key – you will then see a dndsoft key
- Press the dndsoft key –the phone screen will display “dnd is on”
- Note: while phone is in this node, if a call comes in the user will hear a beep tone to notify of incoming call
- The ICD display will show the calling party’s telephone number and/or calling party’s name
- Two soft keys will automatically display – showing both answerand dnd
- The user may accept the call by pressing the answersoft key or simply ignore it and the caller will be re-directed to voicemail
- Note: if the user presses dndsoft key instead of answer soft key the “do not disturb” feature turns off and the user will be available for calls again
To deactivate do not disturb
- Press the moresoft key press dnd soft key
Programming Speed Dials (Two Types)
- Phone Button Configurations (Speed Dial Settings)– These will appear under Phone Settings for assignment when you have unassigned buttons on the base of your telephone
- Any phone numbers and names you input here will appear on the LCD Displaynext to the corresponding button that you program
- Speed Dials not associated with a phone button– These will also appear under the Phone Settings
- Any phone numbers and names you input here will not appear on the LCD Display but will be programmed internally. After programming each Phone Name & Speed Dial - Press Save
- There are 199 Speed Dials available for programming
- Click on Sign Out(when ready)
To dial an a Speed Dial not associated with a button– (Receiver/Handset must be on the hook)
Example – Speed Dial # 6 is 31234 - Display Text: Telecom
- Dial the corresponding Speed Dial (6) on Dial Pad
- Press MoreSoft Key
- Press Speed Dial Soft Key
- As the number begins to ring – Lift handset or leave call on Speaker