As a current F-1 international student at MMC, you know there can be a lot of information about rules and regulations of your visa. We’ve got you covered with information you need!
Learn the basics of maintaining your status, employment, and going part-time. Don’t forget to learn what is required if you need more time to finish your degree or need a semester off.
- You can find any forms you are looking for and important links for the ins-and-outs of your F-1 visa.
- Join our Facebook group and follow our Instagram @mmcintl
It is important that F-1 students meet all the requirements listed below to maintain their F-1 Student status.
- Enroll as a full-time student for the Fall and Spring semester. A full-time course load is equivalent to 12 credits or more per semester. F-1 Students are limited to 3 credits or one class per semester in a Distance Learning (online) format counting toward their full course load.
- Continuously attend classes and do not exceed the number of unexcused absences determined by the professor.
- Check-in with the International Student Services Coordinator within 10 days of the beginning of each semester.
- Notify the International Student Services Coordinator every time you travel abroad and obtain a travel signature. Fill out the Travel Notification Form.
- Provide the International Student Services Coordinator with an updated I-94 upon returning from international travel. You can retrieve your I-94 here.
- Obtain authorization before starting any type of employment in the United States.
- Report any change in your local address within 10 days of moving to the International Student Services Coordinator. Fill out a Change of Address Form.
- Report any change to your academic program (i.e. change in major, leave of absence, program extension, etc.) to the International Student Services Coordinator.
- Receive authorization for Reduced Course Load before engaging in part-time studies.
- Notify the International Student Services Coordinator if you plan on transferring out of Marymount Manhattan College.
- Depart the U.S. 60 days or less after your program end date unless you have an OPT application pending or have completed a SEVIS School Transfer.
- Adhere to all U.S. laws.
If you violate any of these requirements for your F-1 Student Status your SEVIS record can be subject to termination.