Requesting a Transcript
Marymount Manhattan College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide online ordering for your MMC transcripts. Electronic transcripts (e-transcripts) can be issued to the student or a third party in a secure manner. You will be able to order your transcripts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and track your order via text message or email. Transcripts ordered through the NSC are normally sent to a recipient within 1 - 5 business days* for current and former students who attended MMC from 2005 to the present.
We recommend students request the electronic transcript delivery method (PDF) whenever appropriate as it is the quickest route to the intended recipient. Most electronic PDF transcripts are processed within an hour of order placement, although some circumstances require additional processing time.
Transcript requests for MMC students who are not in MMC’s current student information system database and who have been archived may take longer for processing. The records retrieval process may take a minimum of 7-15 business days.
Transcript Request Procedures
MMC Students can submit a transcript request online. For non-traditional MMC students (e.g. Continuing Education) see part II. Read below for more details.
I. Order Transcripts Online
Please note: Firefox is the preferred browser for the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Go directly to the National Student Clearinghouse Website
- Scroll towards the bottom of the page and click on the “Start” button
- The following information will be required for electronic transcript requests:
- Your legal name at the time of attendance at MMC
- Your MMC ID or SSN
- Date of Birth
- Contact information: Student’s phone number and email address
- Transcript recipient’s email address - We recommend you contact the organization/institution to obtain a valid email address. Once an electronic transcript is processed, revisions or correction to the email address cannot be made. Students will need to submit another electronic transcript request.
- Select Delivery Method (e.g. mail or PDF) and Processing Option*
- A valid credit card* The student’s credit or debit card will not be charged until Marymount Manhattan College sends your transcript(s).
Electronic Transcript Information:
The NSC transcript order site allows students to upload 3 documents (e.g. college (LSAT) application, essay, scholarship application) as attachments.
Supported format(s): PDF,JPG,JPEG,DOC,DOCXFilename(s): Permits alphanumeric characters and non-consecutive periods, dashes, underscore and spacesAllow for additional processing time for document review. Note, due to the automated nature of the electronic transcript service, the Registrar’s office will not be able to complete missing fields on attachments to be sent with e-transcripts. All fields must be completed prior to submission through the NSC transcript order system.
- Students will receive order updates via email and/or if opted, text messages. Students can also track their transcript orders online.
- The electronic transcript will include MMC’s transcript key/legend.
- There will be an additional online processing fee for electronic transcripts. The transcript fee is payable directly to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Electronic transcript requests with no document attachments or outstanding issues are processed within 24 hours of the request.
- The retrieval link for the eTranscripts expires 30 days after the order is processed. Please ensure that you or your recipient saves the PDF for retrieval after 30 day.
*Additional processing time may be required for further research (e.g. if student cannot be located in MMC’s student information system based on the data provided by the student’s transcript request order).
*Special Note on Processing Options:
- Now – Only MMC completed coursework* (including INC grades) will be printed on the transcript. MMC courses in progress or current/pre-registered terms will not be displayed. Courses that have not been graded will not appear on the transcript. MMC students should view their grades on MMC Connect before ordering their e-transcripts online.
- After Degree is Awarded – Degree earned and graduation date is not posted on MMC transcripts at the end of the term. Allow additional time for graduation processing.
- For June graduates – expected graduation posting date will be the second week in June.
- For September graduates – expected graduation posting date will be the second week in September.
- For February graduates – expected graduation posting date will be the second week in February.
During the interim, graduates may request a Graduation Verification letter to show proof of graduation. To request a verification letter, graduates will need to submit the Enrollment/Degree Verification form to the Registrar’s Office (RO) at email@example.com.
- After Grades are Posted* – We recommend MMC students view their grades on MMC Connect before ordering their e-transcripts online.
*Study abroad courses and courses under the Hunter College or Pace University consortial agreement will be included on your MMC transcript. Keep in mind that study abroad institutions/Hunter College/Pace University may operate under a different academic calendar. Grades for these courses may be posted after MMC’s term-end. We recommend students view their grades on MMC Connect before ordering their e-transcripts online.
NSC Security Features:
The recipient will receive the login and password needed to open the transcript in two separate emails. The login and password will be always required to open the transcript document. It is important that the user save the login and password information for future reference. If the login information is lost, recipients must contact the National Student Clearinghouse directly to obtain the information.
II. Transcript Requests for Non-MMC Students or Adult Continuing Education Program
- Adult Continuing Education (non-credit) Program – Electronic transcripts (etranscripts)via National Student Clearinghouse is not available. Former continuing education students must request an official/unofficial paper continuing education (CE)transcript by downloading a Continuing Education transcript/certificate request form.
- Finch College - Contact the Center for Student Services at 212-517-0500.
- Malcolm King-Harlem Extension College Program - Marymount Manhattan College does not retain Malcolm King - Harlem student records. For the location of academic records from former, merged, or renamed degree-granting institutions – click on the following link and search for Malcolm King: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/spr/closedInstDirectory.htm
- Marymount College Tarrytown Campus – Marymount Manhattan College does not retain Marymount College Tarrytown Campus student records. For the location of academic records from former, merged, or renamed degree-granting institutions – click on the following link and search for Marymount Tarrytown Campus: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/spr/closedInstDirectory.htm