During the spring semester (2023), Katie LeHoty is interning at the Artichoke Dance Company in Brooklyn, NY, under the supervision of Lynn Neuman, Company Director. The mission of the Artichoke Dance Company is to create unique dance performances addressing climate change. As Katie is a double major in Dance and Environmental Studies, this internship represents an optimal convergence of her two interests.
During the internship, Katie will practice and master the following skills:
- Conduct research related to water rights.
- Contribute to the creation of dance works for climate activism and awareness.
- Manage the dance company’s social media platforms, creating posts, stories, and infographics.
- Manage the dance company’s emails and online communications.
- Assist in studio rehearsals, documenting the creation process and sharing information and research with the dancers so they are informed about the research and environmental aspects they’re dancing about.
This internship represents an ideal fusion of Katie’s two majors in Dance and Environmental Studies, and it will serve as her capstone experience in the Environmental Studies major.