Admissions Requirements for BFA
Prospective First-Year and Transfer Students Must:
- Submit their application through the Common Application or the Marymount Manhattan College Website to begin the Creative Writing BFA review process.
- Once an application has been submitted students will be given access to their Admissions Portal, where they will be prompted to upload their Creative Writing Portfolio.
- Note: Your transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation can be submitted at a later date, and do not need to be marked as complete in order to submit your portfolio.
Creative Writing BFA
Admission to the Creative Writing BFA requires a portfolio of creative work. Our portfolio submission deadlines for scholarship/award consideration are February 18th (fall entry) and November 15th (spring entry). We will continue accepting portfolios past the deadline on a rolling basis, but late portfolios will not be considered for awards or scholarships.
Creative Writing BFA PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS:
(Please submit one of the following)
- Three poems of any length ; OR
- 750 words in prose (fiction or creative nonfiction).
Want to know more or schedule a class visit? Contact The Office of Admissions at email@example.com or call 212-517-0430.
We look forward to speaking with you!