Financial Aid and Scholarships
Your talent, hard work, and service deserve to be rewarded. Our scholarships recognize the time you’ve devoted to your goals, whether it be through academic and artistic achievement or your commitment to your community. You may also find additional financial support from outside organizations. Scholarships are a type of gift aid, meaning they don’t need to be paid back.
“I am extremely grateful that for the past four years this scholarship has helped me immensely. Coming from a middle-class home, I have essentially paid for my school on my own, as my parents were not able to afford my college education.” — Senior student majoring in Speech-Language Pathology
Academic Merit Scholarships
For First-Year Students (Including International Applicants)
Our merit awards are based equally on your SAT or ACT composite scores and your high school GPA at the time you are admitted. Students selecting to apply test-optional will be considered for the same scholarship amounts.
All first-year merit scholarships are available to full-time students for a maximum of four years. Awards are applied to fall and spring semesters only. They are renewed based on a minimum GPA requirement or satisfactory academic progress. Scholarships for first-year students include:
- Presidential Scholarship — up to $18,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal
- Dean’s Scholarship — up to $16,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal
- Trustees’ Scholarship — up to $14,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 2.8 for renewal
- Recognition Award — up to $13,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 2.5 for renewal
- Liberal Arts Achievement Award — up to $5,000 per year, must meet satisfactory academic progress
For First-Year International Students
These scholarships end with spring 2022 incoming class. We award scholarships to international students applying with TOEFL or IELTS scores and qualifying secondary school GPAs. You must enroll as a new full-time, degree-seeking international student to qualify. Students must not be U.S. citizens, dual citizens of the United States, or permanent residents. These scholarships are available for a maximum of four years and are renewed based on a minimum GPA requirement. Awards are applied to fall and spring semesters only.
Note: These scholarships cannot be combined with First-Year Academic Merit scholarships.
Scholarships for first-year international students include:
- International Presidential Scholarship — $10,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal
- International Dean’s Scholarship — $8,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal
- International Recognition Award — $6,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 2.5 for renewal
- International Merit Scholarship — $5,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 2.5 for renewal
For Transfer Students
We award scholarships to new, full-time transfer students based on previous academic records. You must be a new, full-time transfer student to qualify. Full-time degree-seeking U.S. citizens or permanent residents, as well as international applicants, may qualify. Awards are applied to fall and spring semesters only.
- Transfer Presidential Scholarship — up to $15,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal
- Transfer Dean’s Scholarship — $11,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 2.8 for renewal
- Transfer Recognition Award — $9,000 per year, must maintain a GPA of 2.0 for renewal
- Transfer Academic Merit Award — $5,000 per year, must meet satisfactory academic progress
- Community College Honor Society Scholarship — $3,000 per year for members of recognized community college honor societies (including Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and Alpha Beta Gamma), must maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal
- Path to Bachelor’s Award — $2,000 per year to eligible students with associate’s degrees
- Transfer Articulation Grants — $2,000 per year for up to three years to students earning associate’s degrees from community colleges MMC has guaranteed admission agreements with
Additional MMC Scholarships
Fine and Performing Arts Merit Scholarships
If you’re applying to our programs in Acting, Art, Art History, Dance, or Theatre Arts, you’ll be considered for scholarships at the time of your audition, interview, or submission of your supplementary application materials. These awards are bestowed to full-time, degree-seeking new first-year and transfer students. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify. Awards range from $1,000 to $10,000 per academic year based on audition, interview, portfolio review, or other creative work requested. Renewal requires full-time status in the program, a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the major, and 2.8 overall.
Passionate students dedicated to their communities are celebrated here at MMC. We honor your commitment to service by offering matching funds for certain community organization award recipients. We will match up to $2,000 per year for AmeriCorps alumni receiving AmeriCorps Education Awards and up to $1,000 per year for students receiving awards from the Dollars for Scholars® family of community scholarship foundations. Additionally, Dollars for Scholars® awards of up to $2,500 per student will not adversely affect scholarship funding provided by MMC.
Our Financial Aid Office awards a number of endowed scholarships each year to enrolled full-time, degree-seeking students who meet specific criteria. You might qualify for an endowed scholarship based on your major, your academic performance, or where you’re from. To be eligible for endowed scholarships, you must complete a FAFSA. Note: These awards are not available to be renewed every academic year, as a limited number of students are awarded and receive the endowed scholarship over four years.
We strongly encourage you to seek out scholarship opportunities outside of MMC. There are scholarships for almost all types of students, including those who identify as first-generation, undocumented, LGBTQ, or disabled. Organizations also offer awards according to interests, activities, and specific majors. In the 2019-2020 academic year, 90 of our students received nearly $600,000 in external scholarship funds. We allow you to stack any external awards you receive on top of our financial aid awards, which means these scholarships can help reduce your out-of-pocket costs significantly.