- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/480/crop/1/25595_Scenic_Design1.rev.1618337225.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Technical Production Concentration</h1></div></div>
- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/480/crop/1/25619_Stage_Management_1.rev.1618366215.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Technical Production Concentration</h1></div></div>
You are passionate about theatre. You are creative, talented, and enjoy collaborating with others. In the Technical Production Concentration, you will learn to think critically and create designs that support productions that address the current issues in our society. You will be actively engaged in our productions learning the practical skills needed to execute your ideas.
Why Study Technical Production at MMC?
You will receive strong conservatory training in a robust theatre program while getting a well-rounded college experience. You will develop a pre-professional design process that integrates disciplines from across the College. Experience everything New York City offers as the center of the entertainment industry. You will learn from faculty members who are working as professional designers. Our design and technology course sequence builds a thorough design process incorporating technical skills, theatre history, and practical experience. Our inclusive and diverse student body have opportunities to study with New York theatre professionals, design mainstage productions, establish professional contacts, participate in a one-on-one mentorship, and obtain internships with some of New York’s major theatre designers, theatres, television studios, and film companies.
What You Will Learn
- You’ll learn the crafts and skills needed to support the scenic, lighting, and sound areas of production.
- You’ll learn to use the tools and equipment needed to execute the designs.
- You’ll have the opportunity to head the crew in your area of study for a production in the Theresa Lang Theatre.
- You’ll develop computer drawing skills to execute designs.
- You’ll develop a professional portfolio for a career in the entertainment industry or for application to graduate school.
- Through coursework and experiential participation in mounted production opportunities, you will learn visual and technical analysis, and research skills needed to plan the execution of designs in your area of interest.
The Theresa Lang Theatre
No matter your major or concentration, Theatre Arts students have the opportunity to learn, design, work, and perform in the College’s 250-seat theatre. From our intimate J. William Bordeau Box Theatre to the Great Hall, MMC has a range of performance spaces serving the Theatre Arts program.