- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/480/crop/1/25411_Theatre_2_MachinalFall_2017.rev.1616528374.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Acting Major</h1></div></div>
- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/480/crop/1/25598_Theatre_Reckless_Photo.rev.1618337226.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Acting Major</h1></div></div>
Rooted within a strong liberal arts setting, MMC’s BFA in Acting is an intensive 60-credit program focusing on varied and diverse acting techniques and performance.
Why Study BFA in Acting at MMC?
The BFA in Acting at MMC not only offers you extensive training in acting and performance but also encourages you to become well-rounded and expressive artists and human beings with a strong liberal arts background. MMC’s Theatre Arts faculty represent a wide variety of professional experiences and connections, and students are able to foster close personal relationships with the faculty through our small class sizes. Finally, you’ll develop initiative, ownership, agency, and responsibility throughout your training, so that you are prepared to manage your own professional careers beyond college.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the BFA in Acting major, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate a repeatable and specific process for the performance of complex character actions and behaviors, across multiple theatrical styles;
- Apply extensive research and rehearsal processes, script analysis, and character development to the performance of scenes and monologues written for both stage and screens;
- Invest personally in scenes and monologues from material with varied and diverse given circumstances, contexts, and physical, language, and vocal requirements;
- Demonstrate initiative, discipline, agency, and personal expressivity, ownership, and responsibility.
Thanks to Marymount’s BFA Acting program, I have become a disciplined, well-versed actor and a well-rounded human being. I particularly attribute this to the integration of my liberal arts education. I have carried all of the vocal, movement, and acting techniques I learned in school with me into the professional world, and needless to say, I would not be where I am today without the help of all of my glorious teachers paving the way!Nadia Brown ’17
Broadway, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Class of 2017, B.F.A. in Acting
MMC, with its strong liberal arts foundation and passionate faculty, provided me with the opportunity to grow as an artist and as a human being…opening my eyes to imagine my future…with curiosity, hope and a viewpoint of limitless possibilities.James Cusati-Moyer ’11
Tony Award nominee for Best Featured Actor in a Play, Slave Play
Class of 2011, BFA in Acting
Graduates of MMC’s Acting program are working on Broadway, off-Broadway, in film, television, and digital media, at regional theatres across the United States. Many of our alumni go on to great graduate schools such as Yale School of Drama, The Juilliard School, New York University, Carnegie-Mellon University, as well as in the United Kingdom.
Top College Program
Each year, the team at OnStage Blog announces the best performing arts schools for the coming year based on research by theatre educators, students, alumni, and parents—the people who really know what’s important in theatre education. MMC made the cut and was praised for our impressive master classes and lectures.