- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/41/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/15523_cuppek_photography_677.rev.1497968581.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Public Relations and Strategic Communication Major</h1></div></div>
- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/100/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/10164_prsc.rev.1472490805.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Public Relations and Strategic Communication Major</h1></div><div class="hero__extra"><a href="/live/image/gid/100/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/10164_prsc.jpg" class="hero__about" title="PRSC" data-minimodal="true" data-minimodal-rootclass="minimodal--alt" data-minimodal-caption="PRSC"><span class="svg svg--plus hero__about__icon"><svg data-xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 33 33"><path d="M33 15v3H18v15h-3V18H0v-3h15V0h3v15z"/></svg></span>About this image</a></div></div>
Become an expert in spreading the word! Whether heading up a communications team at a leading non-profit or promoting a grass-roots initiative, Public Relations and Strategic Communication combines social and ethical responsibility with writing techniques to create smart and savvy communication specialists.
Why Study Public Relations and Strategic Communication at MMC?
With professors who actually work in the world of Public Relations, an MMC student enters the networking scene at the beginning of their journey! From excursions to PR firms, to workshops hosted by leading experts, to internships that place students in the center of it all, we eliminate the gap between the real-world immersion in the communication industry and our constantly refreshed selection of PR courses.
What You Will Learn as a Public Relations and Strategic Communication Major
- Learn message design in interpersonal, group, organizational, and public contexts. Our courses in persuasion, small group communication, and public speaking empower students to craft messages that demand to be heard.
- Learn communication principles and theories and become an expert in ethical, socially-responsible communication. Our courses in media law, ethics, advocacy, social movement, at the intersection of race, class, and gender give students the tools to use their powers for good!
- Learn to be an architect of social relevance. Our courses in public relations and strategic communication, communication campaigns, and senior seminar focus on staying current and being a change-maker within the PR industry
Production Meets Exploration at MMC
In addition to being located in the heart of NYC—the communication capital of the world—MMC is also home to state-of-the-art facilities open for daily use for our Communication and Media Arts students.