- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/100/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/25500_Studio_Production_1.rev.1617653389.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Digital Journalism Major</h1></div></div>
- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/100/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/25439_journalism_students.rev.1616707503.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Digital Journalism Major</h1></div></div>
Why Study Digital Journalism?
Facts matter. Reliable information is essential to democracy. And good journalism challenges views of the world. To make your mark, first learn how to gather information and develop the necessary writing, reporting, and editing skills for an evolving, multimedia industry. The future of journalism is waiting.
Why Study Digital Journalism at MMC?
There’s no better place to study journalism than in the world’s media capital – New York City. Start your day in class with expert faculty working directly in the field, and end at an internship in places like Bloomberg, Buzzfeed, or CNN. The city is your campus —whether it’s an excursion to the Associated Press headquarters, guest lectures by television titans, or covering live events in the field, you will be immersed in the digital journalism industry with dedicated, experienced faculty.
What You Will Learn
- Produce dynamic, relevant content by learning research, writing, and reporting skills. Courses like Journalism in the 21st Century, On Air Reporting, and Digital Cultures give you the tools to be a versatile and multi-skilled creator.
- Create necessary change in our world by learning to be an ethical and responsible newsmaker. Courses such as Cultural History of Media and Media, Law, and Ethics allow you to develop an informed code of principled journalism.
- Blend your passion for journalism with a specific area of interest, like U.S. politics or public health, or explore a wide variety of topics and media outlets. Courses such as Arts and Media Reporting, Fashion Media and Culture, and Communication Campaigns allow you to engage with and focus on your specific journalistic interests.
Between learning from our experienced journalist professors to connecting with successful alumni for internships, where I am now is a direct result of my time at MMC. I was able to strengthen my writing skills, hone in on my journalistic voice, and fully immerse myself in the media industry from day one.Jack Irvin ’20
Entertainment Writer, Bustle
Class of 2020, Double Major in Digital Journalism and Cinema, Television, and Emerging Media
Production Meets Exploration at MMC
In addition to being located in the heart of NYC—the communication capital of the world—MMC is also home to state-of-the-art facilities open for daily use for our Communication and Media Arts students.