- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/100/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/25498_COMMARTS3.rev.1655263363.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Communication Arts Major</h1></div></div>
- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/100/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/25497_COMMARTS2.rev.1655263369.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Communication Arts Major</h1></div></div>
- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/100/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/25496_COMMARTS_1.rev.1655263375.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Communication Arts Major</h1></div></div>
Think about how quickly our methods of communication change. Text messages and TikTok didn’t exist a generation ago. However, storytelling is the heart of communication and has always been a constant throughout human history. Learn how to tell powerful stories in today’s world while developing a flexible skillset ready for whatever comes next.
Why Study Communication Arts at MMC?
You won’t find a better place than New York City to study Communication Arts. Our campus is minutes away from the biggest news outlets, media organizations, and entertainment companies in the world. Our Communication Arts major gives you the flexibility to tailor your studies to suit your needs. You can take the courses you care about the most, exploring film and television, digital journalism, media production, and public relations.
What You Will Learn
- You’ll develop practical skills and new ways to channel your creative spirit. Record a compelling video, write the perfect press release, or publish a breaking news story.
- You’ll learn how to succeed in the media and communication industries. Meet award-winning filmmakers, journalists, communication specialists and learn from experts who will help you achieve your career goals.
- You’ll learn new ways of thinking and creating. Discover a passion you didn’t know you had. Our Communication Arts major lets you choose courses that give you the skills you need to succeed.
The Communication program offered me ample room for exploration, allowing me to combine my interests in media, gender, and sexuality studies to become both a critical media consumer and media producer. My entire career has been based around these interests, and my time at MMC really helped put that foundation down for my graduate studies and subsequent jobs.Saniya Lee Ghanoui ’07
Class of 2007, Major in Communication Arts
The Communication Arts major allowed me access to the full array of course offerings in the Communication and Media Arts Department. The department’s professors and facilities gave me the opportunity to experience communications practices, theory, and study side by side. The synergy of my classes gave me unique, invaluable knowledge of the breadth of the communications field and prepared me to better understand any role within it.Will Smith ’20
Class of 2020, Communication Arts major
My Comm Arts classes prepared me for my career. I learned about content creation, critical thinking, and team collaboration. After graduation, I got an entry-level position at a syndicated daytime talk show. After eight short months, I was promoted to Executive Director.Amy Virga ’19
Class of 2019, Communication Arts major
The faculty in my different courses helped me figure out the fields that I would like to work in. I had a blast in my production classes, and my at history courses opened up a whole new world to me.Asma Rathod ’20
Class of 2020, Communication Arts major
I feel lucky to have had the support from the professors at MMC who have continued to serve as mentors post-graduation and my incredible support system of friends who I met during my time at MMC. The Communication and Media Arts department provided me with a foundation of media skills, research experience, and internship opportunities have prepared me for my next step.Sarah Rosenthal ’18
Production Meets Exploration at MMC
In addition to being located in the heart of NYC—the communication capital of the world—MMC is also home to state-of-the-art facilities open for daily use for our Communication and Media Arts students.