We’re glad you’re #MMCBound!
So, you’re #MMCBound, now what? New Student Orientation! The Office of Student Development & Activities hosts New Student Orientation before the start of classes each semester for students who are new to MMC. This day of events will have critical information for the upcoming school year as well as evening social activities to kick-start your experience as a Griffin! This is your opportunity to meet other incoming students and learn about the many resources at MMC.
Want to know where you fit in? Check below for Orientation information for Transfer Students and Parents and Families.
Transfer and New Student Orientation
The Transfer Student Orientation program will provide you with an opportunity to get to know MMC and your fellow transfer students. The program will include meetings with professors as well as programs to better acclimate you to the College. Orientation will be held on Friday, January 27th. You can access the day’s schedule via Guidebook; an email was sent to your MMC account regarding Guidebook details. All programs are mandatory unless otherwise noted.
Parents and Family Orientation and Reception
Parents, family, and friends of our new students are invited to Parents and Family Orientation and Reception during the move-in weekend. The program is offered on January 26, please register here for the reception. If you require an overnight stay, consider our nearby hotel accommodations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I wear? Athletic shoes and comfortable pants. There will be plenty of walking and various interactive activities that you won’t want to miss!
- What do I bring? State-issued photo identification, any pending documentation needed from the admissions office, and your enthusiasm!
- Are meals included? Some meals will be provided during orientation.
- When will I have my student ID made? On campus residents will have their ID made upon checking into the residence halls. Commuter students will have their ID made during orientation.
What if it is a heat wave/rains/snows? Orientation takes place rain or shine. Be sure to bring items to keep you comfortable and dry (ie. winter coat, umbrella, etc.)
- When will I know my classes? Class schedules will be dispersed upon check-in on the first day of your orientation.
Contact the Office of Student Development and Activities at 212-774-0788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.