We’re glad you’re #MMCBound!
So, you’re #MMCBound, now what? Welcome Week! The Office of Student Development & Activities hosts Welcome Week before the start of classes each semester for students who are new to MMC. The purpose of Welcome Week is to welcome you to MMC; through workshops on campus and excursions off campus, you will have the opportunity to learn more about our College, New York City, and to foster relationships and connections with your peers. Coming to college is a huge transition, and we hope Welcome Week will kick off your collegiate journey with fun and meaningful activities to alleviate potential anxiety and make you feel connected and welcomed here at MMC. Just a few of the activities you’ll be able to sign up for include: yoga and cycling classes, High Line stargazing, concerts and movies in the park, outings to world-class NYC museums, experience myriad NYC food hot spots, and we’ll also take you out to the ballgame to see the New York Yankees take on the Toronto Blue Jays.
Want to know where you fit in? Check below for Welcome Week information for Transfer Students, and Parents and Families.
Missed Griffin Days?
No need to worry, another Griffin Days session will take place during Welcome Week for those who were unable to attend the program in June.
Transfer Student Orientation
Transfer students are invited to participate in all of the Welcome Week programs taking place August 28th - September 1st. There are also a few sessions specifically scheduled for you to receive important information about academic programs and support for you acclimate to the MMC community. A full Welcome Week schedule will be posted to this page by July 1, 2017.
Parents and Family Orientation and Reception
Parents, family, and friends of our new students are invited to Parents and Family Orientation and Reception during the move-in weekend. The program is offered on three consecutive days August 25th, 26th, & 27th; please click here to register. Parents and Family are invited to choose any one of the three program dates offered. If you require an overnight stay, consider our nearby hotel accommodations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I wear? Athletic shoes and comfortable pants. There will be plenty of walking and various interactive activities that you won’t want to miss!
- What do I bring? State-issued photo identification, any pending documentation needed from the admissions office, and your enthusiasm!
- Are meals included? Some meals will be provided during orientation.
- When will I have my student ID made? On campus residents will have their ID made upon checking into the residence halls. Commuter students will have their ID made during orientation.
What if it is a heat wave/rains/snows? Orientation takes place rain or shine. Be sure to bring items to keep you comfortable and dry (ie. winter coat, umbrella, etc.)
- When will I know my classes? Class schedules will be dispersed upon check-in on the first day of your orientation.
Contact the Office of Student Development and Activities at 212-774-0788 or email Activities@mmm.edu.