Throughout the academic year emails are sent to seniors regarding graduation. You should check your MMC email accounts for these emails. Fall graduates should also continue to check their email often during the spring semester.
2017 Commencement Day Information for Students:
Friday, MAY 19, 2017
David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
at 3:00 pm
(Broadway and 65th Street)
Student Arrival Information:
Students arrive at 1:30 pm & enter through the West Stairs Gate.
Commencement is the ceremony at which students are called to the stage to receive their diplomas.* Upon arrival at David Geffen Hall, you will be directed up the West Stairs Gate to the check-in table. As part of the procession, students must walk down stairs, and will process into the center orchestra seats. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Only bring those items that are necessary and can be carried under your gown, as there will be no place for you to store your belongings during the ceremony.
When you arrive at Lincoln Center you need to be dressed in your cap and gown.
There will be no place to leave personal items.
Caps and gowns are made from recyclable materials. They are yours to keep. Tassel colors indicate degree (white for BA, brown for BFA, and gold for BS). Cords indicate Honor Societies or other MMC leadership roles.
Student Schedule for Commencement Ceremony:
- 1:30 pm Students arrive for Commencement at David Geffen Hall. Students will enter at the West Stairs Gate. Wear your cap, gown, Gold Key, Silver M, tassel and honor cords, if applicable. Please only bring necessary items with you that can fit under your gown or leave them with your guests as there is no place to leave any personal property. Students will not be able to see their family and friends until after the Commencement Ceremony.
- 2:30 pm David Geffen Hall doors open to guests (tickets required).
- 3:00 pm Commencement Ceremony begins.
- 5:00 pm Commencement Ceremony scheduled to end.
ORDERING COMMENCEMENT ATTIRE
To order your cap and gown for the Commencement Ceremony, visit www.oakhalli.com/marymountmanhattancollege. There is no charge for this order as the charges for attire are included in the Graduation fee. The regalia will be shipped to the College and will be distributed on Monday, April 24, 2017 and Thursday, April 27, 2017 during Commencement Packet Pickup. The deadline to order your cap and gown is Friday, March 24, 2017.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY GUEST TICKETS
This year all graduating students are allotted six (6) guest tickets to the Commencement Ceremony. Students can request up to six (6) guest tickets and extra guest tickets through an online form that will be emailed to your MMC email account on Monday, March 6, 2017. Students participating in the Commencement Ceremony (you!) will not need a ticket for admission. Guest tickets will be distributed on Monday, April 24, 2017 and Thursday, April 27, 2017 during Commencement Packet Pickup. The deadline to order guest tickets is Friday, April 7, 2017.
SENIOR DAYS 2017
Graduating students can stop by our tables to confirm that they are on track to graduate and cleared for graduation, obtain career preparation information, and participate in raffles and other fun activities! Senior Days will be held on Monday, March 6, 2017 and Tuesday, March 7, 2017 from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. on both days.
COMMENCEMENT PACKET PICKUP
All graduating students must pick up their cap and gowns and their commencement ceremony guest tickets during Commencement Packet Pickup. Commencement Packet Pickup will be held on Monday, April 24, 2017 and Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on both days in the Regina Peruggi Room. Information regarding the availability of any additional guest tickets will be available at this time.
SENIOR AWARDS CEREMONY
This year we have re-configured the presentation of Senior Awards. In previous years, these awards have been given out during Honors Day, at the Alumni Induction Reception and at the Commencement Ceremony. A new event, the Senior Awards Ceremony and Luncheon will be held on Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in the Theresa Lang Theatre. Lunch will follow in the Commons. Celebrating the academic, leadership and service achievements of our graduating seniors, the following awards of excellence will be recognized at this event:
- Awards of Distinction (5)
- Gold Keys (for academic excellence in majors)
- Certificates in the Minor (for academic excellence)
- College Honors Program graduates
- Silver M’s (for leadership and service to MMC)
- Senior-nominated awards to Faculty and Staff
All applications, including recommendation letters, must be submitted by 3:00 pm on Friday, March 24, 2017. To learn more and apply, please visit the Senior Awards and Opportunities webpage.
SENIOR YEARBOOK PORTRAITS
Senior Portraits will be included in the Yearbook and will also be available for purchase. Every Graduating Senior photographed will receive a complimentary copy of the 2017 Yearbook.
Portraits will be by appointment only. To schedule your appointment, go to www.ouryear.com and enter our school code: 87196OR call 1-800- OUR- YEAR (1-800-687-9327)
FALL 2016 SEMESTER
- Monday, November 21, 2016
- Tuesday, November 22, 2016
- Monday, November 28, 2016
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Thursday, December 8, 2016
- Friday, December 9, 2016
SPRING 2017 SEMESTER
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Monday, March 20, 2017
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Application for Graduation - The form is available online through MMC Connect.
- Request to Participate/Walk in May Commencement