Accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc.
The Counseling & Wellness Center (CWC) helps students handle personal and psychological problems. CWC offers short-term individual counseling, psychiatric services, health and wellness programs, and referrals for care in the community. And, it’s free!
The staff is made up of clinical psychologists, a clinical social worker, a psychiatrist, and advanced doctoral psychology trainees. All are experienced in and dedicated to working with students. CWC is committed to working with all students from our diverse and inclusive community. Counselors are sensitive to the issues of the LGBTQ community and students of color. All students will be treated with respect and understanding.
In addition to counseling sessions, CWC provides:
- Psychiatric evaluations for medication.
- Referrals for care in the community.
- Wellness programs, including mindfulness groups, alcohol and drug programs, body image workshops, and fall and spring Stress Down Days.
- Relaxation Station, a DIY stress reduction area located in the Multi-Faith Center (Carson Hall 412).
- Sponsorship of Advocates for Wellness Education (A.W.E.), student leaders who promote wellness education to their peers.