CityEdge Internship Stipend Guidelines
- A total of 15, $1,000 stipends will be awarded between the Spring 2017 and Summer Session I 2017 Semesters.
- Eligible students must have completed 30 credits at Marymount Manhattan. Transfer students must have completed 15 credits at Marymount Manhattan.
- Internships must be in student’s field of study (major or minor).
- Only unpaid internships at non-profit organizations are eligible.
- Internships may be taken for-credit or not for-credit.
- If taking the internship for credit, students will be required to find a faculty sponsor and abide by the academic internship guidelines.
- Internship duration must be equivalent to at least the duration of the semester.
- Selection is competitive and will be based upon the quality of your application and financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- Must complete CityEdge Internship Application and an Interview (in-person or via Skype).
- Interviews for Spring 2017 will be conducted during the weeks of 1/23/17,1/30/17, and 2/6/17. Summer Session I 2017 Interview dates will be announced at the beginning of the Spring semester.
- Students will be notified by 2/10/17 about qualifying for the stipend.
- Funds will be dispersed in two (2) installments: mid-semester and at the end of the semester.
- Students will need to fill out the necessary paperwork for inclusion in the payroll system.
- Students will be required to complete a reflection essay, 500 word minimum, summarizing their internship experience or submit a 2min video reflection of their experience at the end of the semester to receive final stipend installment.
- Students may reapply for the Summer Session I 2017 stipends if not chosen for Spring 2017.
- Students must complete the Stipend application by February 6th for Spring 2017 and March 17th for Summer Session I 2017.
Completed applications along with signed Acknowledgement of Guidelines may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to Ryan Atwell in Career Services, Carson Hall 106.