Calling All CommArts Honors Day Students!
Students should submit any excellent work completed in 2016 (January, Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters!) to the 2017 Honors Day Colloquium by February 14, 2017. Students may submit one piece of work only (exception: students may submit one additional piece if created as part of a team, for a maximum of two submissions). All submissions must be accompanied by a Faculty Sponsor Form.
Marymount Manhattan College Peer Leaders (PLs) are student leaders who help new students become acclimated to MMC and the larger New York City community. Peer Leaders work with new students to provide them with a clear understanding of academic life and opportunities to become involved in the College community. The PLs are role models, advisors, friends, but most of all, they are peer mentors who care about the growth and development of incoming students.
“Father of Environmental Justice” Dr. Robert Bullard to Deliver 2017 Barry Commoner Lecture on the Environment
This distinguished professor and author of eighteen books that focus on the intersection of environmental justice, human rights, and race will deliver the 2017 Barry Commoner Lecture on the Environment on Tuesday, March 14 at 2:30PM in the Theresa Lang Theatre. The title of Dr. Bullard’s presentation is “Building a Healthy, Sustainable and Environmentally Just Society for All: Why Equity Matters.” Using extensive spatial mapping overlays, Dr. Bullard will connect the dots of health disparities, sustainability and environmental justice using a social justice and racial equity lens.
- Kevin Connell, MFA, named Weathervane managing artistic director
- Katherine McQuade ’18 wins crown at a major nationwide pageant
- Lauren Gerrie ’05 has great taste!
- Theatre Arts Alumna and Tony Nominee Adrienne Warren Tapped for Workshop of Tina Turner Bio-Musical, TINA!
- First Look at Former Theatre Arts Major Adam Chanler-Berat in Amélie!
- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, with Jake Gyllenhaal and Theatre Arts Alumna, Coming to Broadway’s Hudson Theatre!
- All Day Last Day to Withdraw from January 2017 with a “WF” GradeJan20
- All Day Submission of January 2017 GradesJan25
- 2:00pm Regina Peruggi Room Supporting International Students that Experience Sexual ViolenceJan25
- All Day Parents, Family and Friends OrientationJan26
- All Day Residence Halls Reopen at 9 AM for all ResidentsJan26
- All Day Submission of January 2017 GradesJan26