If you’re interested in ART CONSERVATION, MEDICINE, FORENSICS, HEALTH SCIENCES, COSMETICS, WINE-MAKING, or MOLECULAR GASTRONOMY then consider a minor in CHEMISTRY!
Chemistry Minor Goals and Objectives:
A minor in chemistry provides students with a solid foundation in general and organic chemistry and prepares them for graduate and professional programs that require a chemistry background. By the end of their course of study, students with a chemistry minor will:
- Understand the fundamental principles governing chemical reactions and bonding.
- Have mastered basic laboratory skills in general and organic chemistry.
- Be able to evaluate and analyze chemical data using the scientific method.
- Appreciate the connection between chemistry and other disciplines.
- Have deepened their knowledge of the physical and natural world.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A MINOR IN CHEMISTRY
|CHEM 233/234 General Chemistry I (plus lab)||4|
|CHEM 235/236 General Chemistry II (plus lab)||4|
|CHEM 317/318 Organic Chemistry I (plus lab)||5|
|Choose one of the following:|
|CHEM/ENV 105 Chemistry and the Environment||3|
|CHEM 120 Introduction to Forensic Science||3|
|CHEM 319 Organic Chemistry II||3.5|
|CHEM/PSYCH 348 Drugs and the Brain||3|
|CHEM 297/397/497 Research||3|