Are you looking for a new college home?
We welcome you to apply and learn how your previous college credits can easily fit into the MMC curriculum.
Create an account with Transferology to find out how your credits will transfer to MMC today!
Transfer special events:
Transfer 101- Online (11 am and 5pm EST): This digital information session allows you to login and learn about MMC and our transfer credit policies, speak with a Transfer Counselor, and have your $60 application fee waived.
You are a transfer if:
- Have graduated from high school and have completed college credit; or
- Have graduated from high school and are enrolled in their first semester of college; and
- Have never attended MMC (if you previously attended MMC, see Re-admit process)
A minimum number of college credits to transfer is not required as we consider applicants with just a few credits, a completed Associate Degree with 60+ credits, or up to 90 credits if transferring from a 4 year institution.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Once your file is complete with the following requirements, a decision is made and communicated to you within 3 weeks. Be sure to review our scholarships for transfer students.
- MMC Application or Common Application
- Official transcripts from any and all accredited post-secondary institutions attended
- Official high school or secondary school transcript or Certificate of High School Equivalency (homeschooled students must also submit the Homeschool Student Information Form)
- SAT I and/or ACT scores (only required if in the first semester of college or less than 12 credits will be transferable, MMC code is 2405 for SAT and 2811 for ACT)
- One recommendation
- Judicial Record Form
- Essay (250-500 words, topics listed on the Application)
- $60 non-refundable application fee
International transfer students should refer to the international applicant information.
Proof of high school graduation must be submitted by one of the following:
- Official State-certified High School Diploma
- GED/TASC/Certificate of High School Equivalency Exam Completion
Homeschooled students must meet the following requirements:
- Homeschool final transcript and homeschool diploma submitted as proof of graduation; otherwise the GED/TASC/Certificate of High School Equivalency Exam required
- NY residents must pass the TASC Exam or an Ability-to-Benefit (ATB) exam to qualify for NY State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) funds
COMMUNITY COLLEGE PARTNERSHIPS
Students completing an A.A. and/or A.S. program at Borough of Manhattan Community College, Brookdale Community College, Guttman Community College or Westchester Community College, should review the admission requirements for Guaranteed Admission.
Use this handy Net Price Calculator to help determine your best combination of financial aid options.